Today I attended to the IV CachiruloTalks: SEO & PPC. En busca del tráfico perdido organized for Cachirulo Valley.
Like abstract, I extracted this key points:
- In other countries exists more alternatives, but in Spain Google is the only one search engine.
- Interesting graphic cheatsheet, "How Google works". (I'll look for the keynote to attach this document).
- The traffic or demand is finit and we can reach to finish it, specially if is a specialized niche.
- Estructure, content, links, hosting, domains, social media, speed and performance, http requests, titles, etc. are so important
- Big sites wins! 5 pages sites with 50.000 visits/day is imposible.
- The diference of ratio conversion (clicks) between the first and the tenth result is too big.
- Panda algoritm eats low quality content sites!
- Penguin is a new algoritm that penalizes the artificial estructures of links pointing to your site.
- SEO is than important as PPT, don't underestimate it! Both are complementaries. This is a question of balance.
- Bibliography: "Modern Information Retrieval", Ricardo Baeza-Yates
- SEM, Search Engines Marketing is natural positioning + payment positioning.
- PPC, payment positioning and pay per clicks.
- The payment zone in the results pages has grown and gaining prominence. Especially in certain search terms too raced. For example.- "Hotels in Boston"
- When SEO is too difficult, SEM is possible. For example.- "Little nice hostel in little village in Arizona". An example that usually have few pages.
- Positions are auctioned, for this, is weighted some parameters, If I rich or poor, I'm doing it well or wrong, etc.
- In PPC is necessary to select the traffic and limit it so well. Is meaningless to pay for too generic words.
- Not all the traffic have the same conversion ratio.
Segmentation (this save costs, is true):
- Key words
- By geographic area
- By language
- By device
- We can make specific landing pages for specifics searches that we know or we think they have so much traffic.
- The analytic is too important.
- The positioning takes time and effort.